1 EAGLETON NOTES: A l'eau! C'est l'heure!

.

.

Friday 20 June 2008

A l'eau! C'est l'heure!

I can't say that I have much time for Hugo Rifkind, Times columnnist and son of Sir Malcolm Rifkind, particularly since he is reported to have commented recently that orchestral conductors were simply monkies beating time. I suspect that Herbert von Karajan (amongst many many others) might be cited as evidence to the contrary.

However his use of (and presumably it was an original thought) the above as a heading to an 'article' on the victory of Gordon Brown (who I'm told is the British Prime Minister) in getting the Sarkozy Plan for an EU Navy ratified, did appeal to my sence of the - well I thought it was amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.