1 EAGLETON NOTES: Where's He Gone Now?

.

.

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Where's He Gone Now?

CJ and I came to the Wirral via Keswick today. It was a bit of a trip down memory lane because CJ and I spent many holidays with Mum and Dad in the Lake District. Keswick is very different of course, although we were quite surprised at how many things were the same as they were 40 years ago. It will be interesting to compare some of today's photos with those of that era. Needless to say the hounds were not there then.

Those of you who read my posting when I reversed the car into the VW Polo might be interested to know that, as far as I can recall, the previous time that I reversed a car into something was when Mum and Dad, CJ and Phil and I were on holiday in the Lake District. I hit a post holding a parking sign in Keswick and the car was a Ford Zephyr. In my defence on that occasion it was raining heavily. The post was where the bollards are just outside the shop that is now Julian Graves.

We had lunch at a perfectly ordinary tea shop with good food and excellent service. What stood out, though, was the tables, the tops of which were made of a glass sandwich with dried wheats, flowers and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.