1 EAGLETON NOTES: Another First at Tigh na Mara: Pied Wagtail

.

.

Sunday 30 August 2009

Another First at Tigh na Mara: Pied Wagtail

I shall have to be a lot quicker in future. Being a typical member of this Edwards family involves never having a camera more than a metre from your hand at any time. Well I was ok from that point of view and reached for the camera nice and calmly just a few seconds after I saw a Pied Wagtail walking round looking for insects outside the study door. Whilst Wagtails are not particularly uncommon on the Island I have never seen one at Tigh na Mara before. In fact I've not seen one this year anywhere on the Island come to think of it. This one was probably the lightest coloured Wagtail I've ever seen. Just as I focussed the camera and took the picture it flew off and all I got was a small blur of a wing feather. It came back later for a few seconds but I've not seen it today.

7 comments:

  1. The ability to make Something out of Nothing... Great blogging skill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known cooks who could do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you might just possibly also enjoy this: http://islandofvoices.blogspot.com/2009/01/nail-soup.html
    - one of my first blog posts, written while I still felt my words were most likely just going out into the Big Nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Thank you. I think I'm going to have to go and explore your blog from the beginning. I could spend a lot of time this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the great quote from John Lennon. ' Yesterday I played football and almost scored an amazing goal.'
    Something they put in the water maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian. That is so true. I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GB, I've been looking back in your blog a bit too, not systematically but clicking some LinkWithin's.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.