1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Ashes Are Coming Home!

.

.

Sunday 23 August 2009

The Ashes Are Coming Home!

I am not known for my great enthusiasm for sport - except, of course, croquet but whilst croquet is a popular sport in New Zealand, Australia, The USA, South Africa, England and Egypt it's not generally a mainstream sport so far as the media is concerned. I used to be quite an ardent cricket follower when my office overlooked the Lancashire County Cricket Club of which I was a member but I still have not been one of the most ardent of cricket followers in recent years.

However on 22 July I blogged about the hope of The Ashes returning to England. Well today England beat Australia by 197 runs on day 4 to win the series 2:1. We have The Ashes back!

England and New Zealand will be celebrating!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yes! (Not that the actual Ashes ever leave the MCC).

    And the Wallabies have been knocked out of the rugby Tri-Nations. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.