1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Journey

.

.

Sunday 2 October 2011

A Journey

I spend a lot of time traveling.  Nowhere near as much time as many people.  For example I was with a friend yesterday who travels 50+ urban miles a day commuting.  Most of my traveling is pleasurable.  Much of it is by air but sometimes by sea and often by car.  So when I went to Callander on Thursday I decided to follow the sat nav and not my usual route.  What a revelation it turned out to be.  She took me over the Campsies - a range of hills to the North and East of Glasgow.  It was a road over which I had never traveled before.  It was beautiful.  So beautiful I came back the same way (and went over again today to Fintry for lunch).

Looking back to Callander.  (HDR image).
The little village of Kippen even has a very inviting good food shop
and several inns.
On the tops
On the Southern flanks
Fellwalking

13 comments:

  1. The landscapes are wonderful, Graham. I can certainly see why you might have wanted to go back the same way :) As beautiful as the first one is with the sky and the far-off hills, I think my favourite is the next-to-last one with the soft autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise you found! Beautiful landscapes.
    The restaurant with all that coffee looks to be right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos GB. Thankyou for your postcard. A lot has happened over the past few weeks but despite I really do appreciate your ongoing care, thoughts and love. Take care Graham x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica: As a picture I think that's my choice too.

    Lisa: Yes. It was a real surprise to find such a shop in so small a place.

    Jaz: Great to hear from you. Thanks. My thoughts are always with you.

    CJ: It was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic landscape pictures! The first one could make a calendar print for October. Have I ever mentioned that I do have a thing not only for neglected places such as overgrown gardens and empty houses, but also for wide open spaces? There seems to be plenty of that around your area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, what happened here? My comment appeared twice... please delete one; I'm afraid if I do it, both will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meike: No sooner said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I had come to the conclusion that you like wide open spaces because of some of your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog via your brothers and I'm so glad I have.

    Looking forward to reading more,

    SP x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know how I love a road that meanders so you know which shot I lingered at. Until I lingered at the others, that is! Looks like such a lovely time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, paradise. I want to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.